COMMERCIAL RECYCLING SERVICES
We never met a recyclable we didn’t like.
Reuse, re-purpose and recycling services.
Any organization, and particularly those that generate industrial waste, must face the simultaneous challenges of managing their waste, maintaining compliance and minimizing environmental impact. It is especially important to address these challenges in the face of increasing regulatory and consumer focus on environmental responsibility. For both hazardous and non-hazardous waste, destruction and disposal are not the only options. Many waste types, for example, can be recycled, reused or repurposed in various ways, some of which constitute disposal according to the EPA.
Through alternative use, reuse, and reclamation, we offer manufacturers, other businesses and waste generators cost-effective industrial waste services. Teams of experts collaborate with customers to recycle as much waste as possible in compliance with the National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) hazardous waste recycling regulations. Customers of all sizes receive professional guidance on how best to reuse, reclaim and even generate energy from material that would otherwise be considered waste. Waste management expertise helps industrial customers determine which recycling options best suit any particular budget and waste stream.
Unparalleled guidance is offered for the following solutions:
Alternate uses for hazardous waste (use constituting disposal): for example, some hazardous waste can be converted into fertilizer.
Incorporating hazardous waste into other products (use constituting disposal): using waste material to make other materials such as asphalt.
Reclamation of waste to recover usable components: examples include recovering mercury from broken thermometers; distilling used solvents to re-purify them; and reclaiming metals, paint and batteries.
Direct use or reuse of a waste as an ingredient in a product or substitute product: for example, latex paint can be mixed with ash to make cement mix for concrete.
Combustion for Energy Recovery, or using wastes either as a fuel or as a heat-producing ingredient: oily wastes, for example, can be used to generate steam or electricity.
Recovery or Purification of Spent Solvents, Petroleum & Used Oils: recycling initiatives for acetone, paint thinner, engine oil, metalworking fluids, hydraulic fluids, refrigerator oil & more.
Recycling packing material used to protect items during shipping.
Recycling, recovery, reuse programmes and waste minimization
Opportunities to minimize environmental impact, conserve energy and add efficiencies can always be found, even when managing highly-regulated hazardous material. Stericycle Environmental Solutions’ expertise allows customers to benefit from these opportunities in ways that fully comply with all regulations while exceeding sustainability goals. Manufacturer and distributor customers have benefited from creative, sustainable services such as:
- Converting unsalable consumer food products into livestock feed
- Removing unaffected new batteries from unsalable electronics for recycle or alternate use
- Recovering thousands of pallets and corrugated cardboard each year for re-use or recycle
- Recovering metals and plastics through re-packaging for recycle and alternate use
- Finding alternate uses for hazardous waste
- Using waste as an ingredient in a product or substitute product: latex paint can be mixed with ash to make cement mix for concrete
- Combusting materials for Energy Recovery, a process that involves using wastes either as a fuel or as a heat-producing ingredient: oily wastes can be used to generate steam or electricity
- Recovering and/or purifying spent solvents, petroleum and used oils: recycling initiatives for acetone, paint thinner, engine oil, metalworking fluids, hydraulic fluids, refrigerator oil, and more.
Sorting and recycling of waste (onsite and offsite.)
When it comes to recycling, we mean business. We separate ourselves from the pack by making it easy and cost-practical to separate more recyclables for you. We understanding the fact that rubbish must be sorted at source in order for it to be recycled therefore:-
- We run various recyclable material collection programmes & purchase recyclable materials from independent collectors.
- We design diversion programs specifically for your type of business and your waste streams – paper, plastics, metals and more.
Our local experts educate your team & family on proper disposal methods using simple-to-understand materials.
- We also make recycling worthwhile to your business and to our shared world by making sure we capture and divert as much material as possible from the landfill. We are currently investing in powerful processing technologies and material recovery facilities to get the highest rates of diversion efficiently and cost effectively. This is symbiotic with job creation and reduction of landfill space.
Waste recycling assessment
Using a tried and true waste assessment framework, we work closely with customers to analyze and review waste materials by identifying areas where you can increase resource recovery, recycling and avoid emptying Containers and Spilled waste and
help you manage your waste materials more efficiently. Simple changes such as waste avoidance, recycling your packaging materials or exploring your residential/organization’s capacity for ‘green purchasing’ can help reduce costs and bolster your recycling.
Understanding your material inputs and waste outputs helps to:
- Identify opportunities for waste minimization and cleaner production
- Identify process inefficiencies that can be improved to minimize waste
- Review waste management and storage options
- Identify cost savings through alternate waste management strategies
- Identify disposal alternatives
- Develop more effective resource recovery and recycling systems
Find out more about the value a formal waste assessment can add to your business or home. Above all, its free!