Battery Recycling & Disposal
Asante Waste Management provides a battery recycling program across Uganda & East Africa for the collection of used lead acid batteries (ULAB’s) from vehicles as well as common household batteries. This can range from one-off requirements – such as clearing out an old store room – to providing containers on a regularly scheduled or adhoc basis for larger volumes.
Commercial battery collection & recycling at a glance.
To help keep batteries out of landfill and encourage the public to recycle batteries, AWM offers a nat ional battery recycling service for businesses. The different types of both single-use batteries and rechargeable batteries that we collect
are listed below.
We provide a variety of options for the safe collection of spent batteries:
- Collection boxes.
- Stillage for larger commercial sites.
- Accepted Criteria
- Lead Acid (Pb)
- Nickel Cadmium (NiCad), sealed and vented
- Lithium Ion – Lithium Ion Polymer
- Lithium Batteries
- Alkaline Batteries
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Single-use Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Mobile Phones
Medical battery recycling.
Asante Waste Management is able to collect all types of batteries used in hospitals and health care facilities to help reduce the impact of hazardous waste disposal on our environment. Dedicated battery recycling container can be provided to collect batteries from equipment
- Blood glucose meters
- Diagnostic equipment
- Digital heart monitor
- Defibrillator/Pace makers
- EKG machines
- Patient and fetal monitors
- Fingertip pulse oximeter
- Hearing aids & Pen lights
- Pagers and mobile phones
- Portable vital signs monitor
- Scales and weights
- Surgical headlights
Used lead acid batteries.
Asante Waste Management collects commercial quantities of ULABs used in vehicles, generators and other machinery for recycling. Residents and small businesses can drop-off ULABs directly at our Resource Recovery Facilities located across Uganda. Once the container is full, call Customer Care Help Line to arrange collection and a replacement container
A small charge is applied to cover collection and recycling costs.
START RECYCLING YOUR BATTERIES
The battery recycling collection container is an ideal size for workplace reception areas – so why not
encourage your workplace to get involved in battery recycling. There are three easy steps to start your
battery recycling program:
1) Complete a ‘Sales’ contact form below and our customer service centre will deliver a battery recycling
2) Place the container in a prominent area of your workplace and encourage staff and visitors to fill the
container with their used batteries
3) Once the container is full, call Customer Care Help Line to arrange collection and a replacement container A small charge is applied to cover collection and recycling costs.